On A Mission
“Our mission is to inspire and empower Canadian consumers to take a holistic approach to wellness.”
Co-Founder & CEO
From the very beginning, our commitment to the environment and social responsibility drove our business vision.
“People are what make a company. We all need to be nurtured, given opportunities and made to feel both wanted and supported. People want to have fun with their work, but they also want to know that they are respected both for the work they do and as fellow citizens. We believe that we don’t succeed unless the people around us succeed and the health of the planet not only doesn’t suffer but is improved by our work. Part of the fun of building a business is imagining what it will look like in the future and making that dream come true.”
TallGrass Natural Health was created in 1997 when Matt Breech and Ben Banky met while studying in China in the mid-90s. The two had a vision for a business that could provide for the planet and local community as well as be a thriving enterprise. Their first opportunity? Selling hemp clothing to retailers. Hemp clothing evolved into other natural products and a clear passion for helping people live healthier, more sustainable lives.
Commitment in Action
In 2016, we chose to become a Certified B Corporation, a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We balance our purpose and profit, making the healthiest decision possible for our employees, customers, suppliers, community and the environment. See how TallGrass ranks in our B Impact Report.
Team TallGrass is the proud recipient of many industry awards
- Supplier of Excellence Award CHFA West 2017
- Excellence in Inside Sales Award CHFA West 2017
- Excellence in Field Sales CHFA 2015
- Canadian Health Food Association People's Choice Exhibit Award CHFA West 2014
- Canadian Health Food Association People's Choice Exhibit Award CHFA East 2013
- Canadian Health Food Association Supplier of Excellence Award CHFA West 2013
- Excellence in Field Sales CHFA West & Quebec 2013
- Canadian Health Food Association Exhibitor Award CHFA Quebec 2013