At TallGrass, our philosophy is to bring the highest quality natural health and wellbeing products to progressive retailers and consumers in a manner that upholds values of environmental and social responsibility. Building on strong partnerships with retailers and suppliers, we are committed to providing excellent customer service, expert logistics, and extensive education at both the retailer and consumer level. As a certified B Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our commitment to brand building is about more than just products- we want to improve the health and wellbeing of our customers, our partners, our staff, and the planet as a whole.
- We work hard, play hard, laugh hard
- We see, understand and care about the whole process
- We nurture our relationships and ourselves
- We honour the trust people place in us
- We respect and appreciate everyone's contribution
TallGrass Outside Sales Account Manager
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Application closing date: Friday July 27th, 2018
Reporting to: Eastern Regional Sales Manager
We are looking for a values-aligned Account Manager to join our Ontario-based sales team in the Toronto/Greater Toronto Area in a permanent, full-time capacity. As an Account Manager, your mission is to surpass TallGrass sales targets by providing outstanding customer service to a defined territory of new and existing customers, building and maintaining a regular call cycle, developing business plans and marketing for customers, coordinating demos and trainings for both retail staff and consumers. Some travel, attendance at tradeshows, educational seminars and sales meetings will be required.
Success Factors and Outcomes:
- Presence: Continuously build strong relationships with retail staff and buyers through regular monthly visits and consistent exposure to TallGrass brands through consistent sampling and product updates
- Performance Driven: Consistently exceeds quarterly sales by brand budget as defined by Sales Management
- Inspire through education: Demonstrate strong product knowledge and education ability while executing, coordinating and completing all brand training requirements with retailers, annually
- Analysis aptitude: Consistently manage budgets and execute marketing programs, including ads and demos, to meet or exceed ROI goals
- Strategic Focus: Achieve and surpass goals on new item placement, off shelf and top selling product placement
- Experience in the industry – You have previous Account Management experience and natural health retail experience, preferably as buyer/manager
- People Person – You continuously build strong relationships with retail staff and buyers
- Team player – You love to collaborate and seek to build strong relationships with other TallGrass stakeholders such as co-workers and vendors.
- Performance driven – You consistently exceed quarterly sales by brand budget by partnering with retailers on promotions, marketing, demos and events
- Walk the walk and talk the talk – You are passionate about the natural health industry, our brands and our company and that’s reflected in your lifestyle
- Share your knowledge with passion – You enjoy teaching and talking with people about products, nutrition and natural living
- Marketing innovation – You consistently manage marketing programs with creativity to grow your sales
- Organized almost to a fault – You are uber organized, detail oriented and as a result can effectively manage your time and prioritize your tasks.
- Clear and effective communicator – You are able to clearly and effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with coworkers at TallGrass, our customers and our vendors.
- Road Warrior – You love being on the road and visit the stores in your territory regularly and consistently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – You care about the business in your territory as if it were your own and are a self-motivated, ambitious, high-achiever.
- Open to new ideas – You have a willingness to learn new things and are adaptable and flexible
- Creative problem solver and resolution seeker – You come to the table with potential solutions to problems you encounter.
- Technologically Savvy – You have excellent computer skills including MS Office skills (Excel Word, Outlook) and a willingness to adapt to new programs and tools
Should you or anyone you know be interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume to
email@example.com with "Attn: Eastern Regional Sales Manager Re: GTA Account Manager Job Posting", in the subject line.
Junior Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a values-based graphic design up-and-comer to join our fast-growing team. You likely graduated recently and are looking to gain experience with a great company and brands. Working with our graphic designer and marketing team, your mission is to create design assets from digital to packaging for our in-house brand, Botanica, and our distributed brands including MegaFood, Host Defense, Naturtint and Annemarie Borlind. The Junior Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing.
Critical Success Factors & Outcomes:
- Fulfill trade marketing design requests to meet retailers and sales rep expectations within 2 weeks of assignment
- Design Digital Marketing assets such as images, gif’s, google and Facebook ads, blog posts, formatted for use on various social media platforms and websites, following our calendar on time and with zero errors.
- Upload web and blog updates via WordPress with zero errors each month following digital marketing calendar
- Assist lead designer with the creation, proofing, and editing of production files (packaging /labels) so there are zero errors at time of print
- Create engaging education and training collateral that help secure a minimum of 50 attendees per event
- Maintain and update image, collateral and asset library maintaining strict and accurate version control each week.
- Audit and update website images to reduce load time to under X? seconds
- Design assets of the following type meeting all deadlines and maintaining brand integrity: Webinar invitations, PowerPoint templates, pitch decks,
- Other design related tasks as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a junior designer or designer within the creative industry, preferably with an Agency.
- Up-to-date on the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design
- Strong technical proficiency working in a Mac and PC environment and expert skills using the latest software packages, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to give and receive valuable design feedback
- Organized and efficient at handling a variety of assignments with strong sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, ambitious, high achiever, entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborative in working with marketing, ecommerce and sales to solve problems with a high degree of customer service
- Production excellence – files are created with attention to detail and free from errors
- Values aligned with TallGrass and our customers
- Passion for the natural health and beauty industry
Nice to have but not need to have:
- The ability to illustrate / draw
- Experience in photography / videography
Interested? Send your resume, portfolio and salary expectations to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/31384?s=c6